A Board of Directors looks after the policy aspects of the company and ensures smooth operation of its management.
The following members make up the Board:
1. Appointee of Government of Nepal Chairperson
2. Representative of Ministry of Industry Member
3. Representative of Ministry of Finance Member
4. Representative of Ministry of Energy Member
5. President or representative of Nepal
Industrial Districts Chamber of Commerce Member
6. General Manager, IDM Secretary-Member
For its day-to-day operations, IDM has set up a Department of Planning and Development, a Department of Operations, a Department of Administration, a Department of Finance and an Internal Audit Section at its Central Office. IDM's own management is being looked after by qualified and experienced technical and administrative professionals. Depending on the size of the district and workload, Level 7 to Level 9 staff run the various district management offices as office heads, managers and district managers.